Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wal-Mart saving you money? I think not

Okay if you are one of those typical Americans who just eats whatever food companies package up as "nutritional, fast, and easy" this blog post isn't for you. However if you are into eating HEALTHY and SAVING money then here you go. For three years now I have sworn off Wal-Mart. I do not have a hard time sticking to a list and only getting what I need, however once I did a cost comparison between our local Kroger and Wal-Mart I realized I could save more than a hundred dollars a month! Wow, that's a lot of moolah!
I also got a Sam's Club membership. I only buy the produce and some meat and fish. If I were to buy the same amount of organic lettuce mix at Kroger it would be more than $30. At Sam's its around $3.00 YES you read that right.
So without further adieu here is a blog post written by someone else. It's everything I have wanted to put into words but haven't had time to:
http://allrecipes.com/Cook/1581332/BlogEntry.aspx?postid=189004
Happy Cooking!
Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment