Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trying to Get Back.

These days I don't know if I am trying to get back or move forward. The last two years have been arduous. The last 7 months have been---very difficult. Our family went from four to seven to six and now it's just the three of us. I am in a dream-like fog of emotions. They vary through-out the day, the emotions do.
Here's a snapshot into this week:
Monday dear daughter posts on facebook "my mom has decided to stop cooking" She was right. I did. I figured I could retire after 20 something years, right?
Today dear daughter says "Are you making a menu plan?" Me to dear daughter "Mmm Hmmm. But, don't get excited, that doesn't mean I am gonna cook" Dear daughter then jumps for joy shouting "Woo Hoo. You haven't made a menu plan in forever. Can we have soup week?"
I say "sure"
So there you have it. I am not sure what I am reaching for these days. So much is gone. So much is yet to come. One thing, somebody please tell me how to go from cooking for a crowd to cooking for three?
Me, moving forward in faith for this next phase of my journey----maybe.
Baby-steps!
Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment