Friday, May 7, 2010

The Sunday Box

I wanted to tell you all about our
"Sunday Box"
It works like this:
If a child/teen leaves something lying around the house and doesn't put it away BEFORE bedtime I pick it up and put it in a large plastic box in my room. This includes things left on kitchen counters and also bathroom counters such as hair brushes and toothbrushes. Hey, they can brush their teeth with their finger and they won't get a cavity in a couple of days!
This week I have a plethora of things! Shoes, lots of clothes----clothes that I might add one of my daughters was looking for and needed "before" Sunday. Hmmmm, too bad huh? I have had school bags go in there---you wouldn't believe it!
The point is to remember, when you are sharing a bathroom amongst 5 siblings it isn't nice to leave things on the counter, floor, or outside the door in the hallway. And, when there are seven of us we don't want to be tripping over each others things.
Everyone gets all of their things back on Sunday. One catch is if they do not go immediately and put it away where it belongs then we get to keep it another week. If they get it taken on Monday or Saturday they will still get it back on Sunday.
You would be surprised at what they DON'T miss! Those things I keep a while longer then we talk about whether they really need them or not.
My husband and I hope to teach all of our children "people, BEFORE things." I sure hope it works.
Still relying on the Lord!
Blessings
Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment