Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Trip to Liberia

Dear Friends and Family,

Adrian has asked me to take on the “task” of writing this letter. I have put it off and now just want to get it over with. While the flight we have tickets for to Liberia is leaving on June 17th the Carr family will NOT be on it. For many reasons we had to cancel. Yes, God provided what we needed to get there however my husband thinks it would be unwise to go at this time.
We are not ready to share everything yet. At least I (Ami) am not. We just need some time to heal and regroup. To those of you who contributed financially your checks will be torn up. If for some reason one was cashed please let us know. We will be glad to reimburse you.
Thank you for your prayers at this most difficult time in our lives.
Sincerely,
Ami and Adrian (Rachel and Johnny)
PS I know that many of you still have many unanswered questions about our adoption. I will get to those questions as soon as I am able. It's too raw right now. In the meantime we are doing our best to serve three blessings from foster care. We think we will be seeing a reunification VERY soon...PRAISE THE LORD for HE is SO WORTHY to be praised!

pss Rachel and I have felt called to make recycled paper beads and sell them to help people in need around us. If you would like to help support a single mom about to give birth please click here: http://helpushelpchildren.blogspot.com/2010/06/pro-life.html
AND REMEMBER OUR MANTRA IS "JUST BECAUSE IT IS HARD DOES NOT MEAN IT ISN'T THE LORDS WILL"

2 comments:

  1. Bless you Ami! I am praying for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was preaching at the jail tonight a flood of my own sin flashed through my mind. Sitting in a room with other sinners, in a jail filled with more; in a city, in a state, in a country, in a world filled with the same, I was awed at the sufficiency of the price that was paid to reconcile us to God. Tonight, as I read various prayer request and the struggles that so many have on an individual basis, I am amazed and awed at the grace that is sufficient for each one of us. I am delighted by the promises that are given and God's faithfulness..they are all yes and amen in Christ Jesus. Isn't it awesome! We are in Christ Jesus and His inheritance ours.."I am His and He is mine." Yes, we mourn for the orphan and the widow and for the lost, but HE has made us a priesthood so that every life we touch can be brought before the throne of grace so that they may receive grace upon grace. Mourning is for the night, but joy comes in the morning as the Dayspring arises in our hearts as we consider the love of God displayed on Golgatha and remember that it wasn't conquered by the grave, but the grave and sin and death were conquered when God's Spirit raised up Christ, and He is now seated at the right hand of the Father, having accomplished our redemption. All power and all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him and He is working all things together for our good. God is good..all the time.

    ReplyDelete