Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today

Today, the team I am on is leaving for West Africa (Liberia). My family and I will not be on that plane. Funny-odd-funny, I put on a shirt this morning from a dear friend in South Africa. It says "It is Finished!" at the top and then quotes Rev. 21:6-7. Incidentally my daughter is wearing my "Hope in the Dark" Tee shirt. It has a picture of Africa on it and on the back it says "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." Symbolic of this day? Sure. We all have to push through our own hurt and bitterness and pray our team through this trip. it is going to be a turning point trip for so many even the ones who had to stay behind. So while I fight my tears and wish once again the pain was not so bad and that I had a button to stop the hurt, I am choosing to push through and pray. The spiritual warfare over Liberia is so intense. It's so intense it even affects people who are involved with that country that haven't even been there---yet.
So while I think of letting Musu down and our children Lydia and Leo down and our team-mates down, I also think we serve a mighty God who can do all things. I do not think of this as a closed door---I think of it as God flinging it WIDE open and saying come follow me. What if, say, Moses after only one visit with pharaoh said, "well that was a closed door---not going back. See God he said no." Door closed. What if Joseph did the same thing???? Get the picture? God's people simply have to persevere. We must heed the call to care for the Orphan. It is the Father's heart. As Christians we are to become more like our Father. Pure religion is to care for the orphans...
So will you pray with me today? We need peace. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and start digging our heels in and start praying for our team. Time to dust off the ashes and kick satan in the butt. Time to go to war!!!!!!! Let's pray. Will you do it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment