Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The hidden children

Written by guest blogger and dear friend Kris Z.

"I think of the children in foster care as the hidden mission field. Don't you feel that? Like they are hidden inside some dark hole (they get to come out to go to a Children's Services
building for check ups or perhaps just check ins. Regardless, they feel shifted around, go here/go there, but does anyone really care. Do we?

Yet, there is hope in Christ. I feel like the churches eyes are being
opened like a curtain being lifted slowly, very slowly, but it is opening!
What is behind the curtain? You guessed it...the children, and they're
not so scary anymore. They are not all "...the ones that put strychnine
in the well!", as Rachel Linde said in Anne of Green Gables.

God is working. My prayer has never been, "Lord, do I care enough", but
"Lord, will you use me...please." You see, Jesus said to pray that the
Lord of the harvest would send laborers into the harvest field. He has to
send."

I (Ami) would like to add a question of my own, Have you prayed the Lord would use you? Or are you comfortable enough? I once had a person tell me I had a problem facing hard things. Most people would say taking in foster children is hard. It is the hardest job I have ever done but it is also the most rewarding. I love them. Do you? Jesus said "let the little children come to me..." Are you letting them come to you?
As I type this I have a three year old sitting next to me singing "I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart..."It is a miracle he can sing this after all he's been through. But he can.
It's breakfast making time. Better go!

No comments:

Post a Comment