Monday, April 19, 2010

Yummy!

I just got this recipe off of Mary Jane's site. It sounds yummy and relatively FREE, since I have a plethora of violets and dandelions---I also may substitute wild onions for the shallots (I have more than enough of those too) I'll let you know.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/recipe-project/recipe-20100419.asp
I am also hoping to post my yogurt recipe. It is so good! We have smoothies everyday. I even sneak baby spinach into all of them and the kids (and Adults never know!) Well, I guess they do now huh?????
Here is another
recipe for homemade Ranch Dressing with no MSG or chemicals.
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk (can use low fat)
1/2 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp ground pepper. (I use a little more)
It also calls for 1/8 tsp of salt but I leave this out.
In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving. I never remember this part! :)
I don't know how long it lasts because our family puts it on everything! Even burgers! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment