Monday, April 5, 2010

Not only...

Not only have I hand sewn a curtain for the boys room because my sewing machine is broken, but I have also learned how to make yogurt in my crock pot and ranch dressing without the yucky msg and chemicals. Amazing how much more you get done when you have to and how much more there is to do. Socks multiply like rabbits and disappear one at a time as if they were picked up by a hawk and dropped off in another planet.
I also learned that it's easy to teach a three and four year old how to make a bed. They do it every morning! They also put their dirty clothes in the basket and have a spotless room. They still do not like naps and bedtime but we have learned that naptime is for rest and that that is what they do. Oh my life is rich and sweet, challenging and sometimes hard. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
I still wish children came with volume controls---but one thing at a time right?

No comments:

Post a Comment